Inspired by the scorcher of a day we’re having here in NYC, I think a quick little reminder about why water is so important is in order!
First of all– we have so much water in out bodies! Over 60% of our bods is water; everything, and I mean everything, needs it to function properly, and on these hot hot summer days, we must remember to stay hydrated and keep our bodies happy! We lose water from our bodies daily, but the rate at which we lose it increases in the heat, so it is especially important to keep tabs on how well you’re hydrating yourself (same goes for when you’re exercising!).
Watch for these warning signs that your body could use more water:
- Little or no urine, or urine that is darker than usual
- Dry mouth
- Sleepiness or fatigue
- Extreme thirst
- Feeling dizzy or lightheaded
- No tears when crying
- Drink water at restaurants instead of sodas! Not only is is better for you, but it’s better for your wallet!
- Keep a water bottle with you all the time. Invest in a nice, refillable bottle that you’ll like and remember to bring with you.
- If you are normally a flavored beverage type of person, add some lemon or other citrus, or cucumber, to your water!
- Drink water when you are feeling hungry. Often times the sensations of hunger and thirst are confused.
Go out an invest in a water bottle today for a happy, hydrated summer! I have a camelback, and I love it!
After you drink a glass of water, remember that we give away a few free strategy sessions a week (wondering what a strategy session is? read this! ow.ly/bTFp2), so leave a comment here or email us at email@example.com for more info!